The Solar Proof Solar Installer Trust Rank is a ranking method which is calculated automatically from publicly known information. It is not necessarily an accurate measure of how trustworthy a solar installer is.
It takes a variety of information sources and collates the information to come up with a “guess” at how trusted a solar installer would be to a brand-new prospect doing research on the solar company.
Here are some of the things it measures:
- Social media presence
- Online presence
- Available customer reviews (Facebook and Google+)
- Years in operation (if known)
- CEC accreditation (if known)
- Profile modification – whether further information has been provided to be added to your profile page
- Who installs? Subcontractors or in-house?
- Variety in business operation
- Leveraged customer reviews (what’s available on social media)
This is a basic overview of how the Solar Proof Trust Rank is formulated.
Where there are gaps in our information, we fill in a default value (usually 50%). This will sometimes occur in particular if no customer reviews are available on Facebook or Google+.
Ways to improve your Solar Proof Trust Rank:
You can increase your trust rank quite easily by following a few simple steps:
- Ensure you have a current, up-to-date profile page for:
- Ensure you have a current, up-to-date website
- Make sure to collect as many Facebook and Google+ reviews as possible
- Let us know how long you’ve been in business!
- Let us know you’re CEC accredited to install solar!
- Give us some more information to put on your profile page (text is free to add).
- Let us know whether you have subcontractors or in-house installation staff
- Let us know all the types of businesses you work in
- Let us know your last 12 months installation volume
We also need to know about any changes you’ve made so that we can list more accurate details on our site! For the moment, we only allow modification by our Solar Proof installer profile update form.
You can download our Solar Proof Profile Update Form here and send it to the email address provided therein.